jueves, 23 de mayo de 2013

CARE OF AGING SKIN AND MUCOUS MEMBRANES.

REFLECTION
The venous leg ulcers are a type of injury that affects up to 1% of the adults living in developed countries at some point in their lives. Many of these wounds are colonized.
When the wound becomes infected antibiotics must be used to eradicate the infection. The oral antibiotics are effective. However it is not known if topical antibiotics promote the ulcers healing.


So, I reflect on this and I think in the amount of money that is being lost in hospitals using topical antibiotics in venous ulcers. I think we should use in the patient´s ulcers what is really scientifically proven that works.
All health professionals should work together to review studies and find out what are the topical antiseptics that actually do work. (If any exist)
So far I've reviewed several databases and as I have said before there is no scientific evidence on the subject.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario